National History Day Judge, Regional
Greensboro, N.C., April 9, 2016
– Reviewed six digital history websites, created a critique based on rubric, and compared notes with fellow judges.
– Provided in-person constructive criticism and suggestions to participants.
– Wrote extensive critiques and suggestions, delivered to participants to assist them with project revisions.
Constitution Week, Daughters of the American Revolution
North Carolina State University, September 17, 2014
– Coordinated a live reading of the Constitution and Bill of Rights with NCSU History Professors and students on the “Brickyard.”
– Created and performed this event for the Daughters of the American Revolution Constitution Week celebration and to teach NCSU students about the document.
– Contacted student body president, who sent campus wide email stating event, and the University agreed to ring to Belltower bells for the “Bells Across America” event.
– Created social media hashtags to spread the event across campus.
Guilford Courthouse National Military Park, NPS
Greensboro, N.C., July 2013
Visitor Services Volunteer
– Answered patron inquiries, provided directional information, and informed visitors of educational programs.
– Educated visitors about Revolutionary War history with interpretive video. Performed living history in historic buildings.
– Performed living history in historic buildings and taught children about historic games.
Colonial America Living History Interpreter and Revolutionary War Re-enactor 2008 – 2013
– Living history interpreter at Colonial Heritage Center, of Guilford Courthouse National Military Park.
– Re-enacted the “Battle of Guilford Courthouse” in Greensboro, N.C. for five years, “Fort Ninety-Six,” Camden, S.C., and “House in the Horseshoe,” Sanford, N.C.